Financial Health Checklist
Here are some basic questions to ask yourself about your financial life:
- Do you have an adequate emergency fund?
- Are you satisfied with how you spend your money?
- Have you thought about your top three financial goals and planned how you’re going to achieve them?
- Are you funding a retirement plan?
- Are you saving what you feel you should be, and is this amount enough to achieve your goals?
- Have you recently analyzed the money that you have invested to see that it’s invested and allocated in the ways you want and need?
- Do you have sufficient protection against the risks of living and doing business (medical, life, disability, homeowners/renters and business owners insurance)?
- Is your career satisfying you financially and in other ways that are important to you?
- Do you have an up-to-date will?
- Are you current with your tax filings and payments?
- If you’re in debt, are you paying it off or incurring more?
- Do you have a plan that will allow you to live as you wish to live?